Monday, January 30, 2012

Review: The Iron Queen

I had to go to Chicago for work last week and brought this book along. I am happy I did.

This books picks up where The Iron Daughter ends off. Meghan and Ash are banished from NeverNever and go back to Louisiana only to be ambushed by Iron fey and the game begins again.

They meet up with Puck and begin a quest to kill the false Iron king. Ash lets down his icy veneer in this book and Meghan grows up a little bit. It is my favorite book of the series so far. The indecisive schoolgirl in the previous books is gone and she took charge of her destiny in this book. She took the extra step with Ash, making him her knight and they went beyond the schoolgirl crush that Meghan had on him

Julie Kagawa paints a great picture in her worlds. She kept the action up in this book and created a good female lead in Meghan. She kept me interested in the book with her writing and story building.

The end of the book sets up the next book and the last book in the series, The Iron Knight, and I look forward to getting that from the library. Ash has grown on me and I have an inkling that Ash is the main character of that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment